Thursday, July 30, 2009

Let's go to the MOVIES!! or not.....

So, a few weeks ago I decided to play "hooky" from work one morning and take Jenna to the movies. She's four years old now (hadn't been to a movie since the very first one we took her to when she was about 2 1/2) and I figured she was ready.

Two of our local theaters play free family movies 3 mornings a week during the summer and I figured this was the perfect opportunity to try it out with her...and see how it went.

We met our neighbor Avery, her dad John, and her cousin Brielle at the theater and, since we really hadn't done very good planning, we ended up in the VERY FRONT (you know...the area WAYYYY up front of the theater seating....the seats that are actually ON the floor). Not optimal...but still...a free movie is a free movie so we decided to tough it out.

The movie we picked was "Bee Movie" and I thought it looked really cute and right up her alley! She had her snacks, she had her drink, she had her comfy seat, she was R-E-A-D-Y.



Long story short...it lasted about 10 minutes and then she was asking "Is it almost over??"

No CLUE where she get's this short attention span ;). We left about 3/4 of the way through (I just couldn't take the fidgeting, exasperated sighs and "Mooooommmmy's" and longer.

She and I headed over to Johnny Rockets for some yummy grilled cheese sandwiches


and then I dropped her off at Grandma Mary's so that I could head in to work.

We had fun...but I don't really know when we'll be tackling the movies with her again.

I guess I should be glad that she's not the movie watching/couch potato type...right?? ;)

No comments: