Sunday, December 28, 2008
Just a quick note to let everyone (wh0 actually reads this) know that we are home, we are happy, and all is well. Gramma Kye Kye came took Jenna for the day and Jim, Ryan and I were able to relax at home and clean up a little (can you say "HELLO CHRISTMAS/BABY/MOMMY HAS LIMITED CAPABILITIES EXPLOSION"??) Newsflash...I actually had a shower, washed my hair, put on deoderant AND brushed my teeth today!! WOO HOO BABY!!
Here are a couple pictures of Ryan today.
4 days old....and oh so handsome...
Thursday, December 25, 2008
For now...here are a few pictures from yesterday and today. More to come...maybe later tonight!
"Lulu the Elf"- our nurse yesterday. She had a great sense of humor!!
Jenna and Daddy waiting to get a glimpse of Jenna's new baby brother after he was born on Tuesday night.
Her brother gave her a baby as an early Christmas/Big sister gift!!
Telling her brother thank you with a big kiss!!!
Doll baby hitching a ride
Family of four
Grandma Kye Kye doing "eye winker, nose smeller, mouth eater, chin chopper........"
Uncle Al and Aunt Blanca stopped by for a Christmas visit...
Visiting with Julie
Three generations of Trevino men. This third one will NOT be a Jim.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
He's already given himself a little scratch on the cheek. Although that's nothing compared to the cut he got on the scalp during the c-section!! Poor baby!!
Look at those chubby legs!! That's 8 lbs and 13 oz of pure muscle baby!!
He is a very healthy, happy and content baby....and very handsome if I do say so myself!!
He is also very big! 8 lbs 13 oz!! I can only imagine how big he would have been if he'd gone all the way till January 6th!!
Still no name yet. Will update when we make a decision.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Here's Jenna with Santa.
This was the first year that she was ready and willing to get in his lap, by herself, and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. She and I put together her list and she handed it to him so he could read it and then sat in his lap to take pictures. At one point I heard her whisper "I Love You Santa" to him. It was absolutely precious and we got some cute pictures!
On Saturday we went to Cobb's Grove to get our tree. We let Jenna pick whatever tree she wanted and she gravitated towards the little trees and ended up picking out this tiny 3 foot tree.
I tried to steer her towards something a little larger but she wanted one that was smaller than her. She is VERY proud of her tree and it's probably the perfect size for our living room which seems to be filling up with furniture now that we've had to move everything out of the office to make room for baby!
While at Cobb's Grove we rode a firetruck and enjoyed cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. Yummy! She also got to see Santa again!!
On Sunday night we decided to go for a drive to look at Christmas Lights. The plan was to hit Christmas Tree Lane "CTL" but by the time we got to the entrance (at 7:30 pm) the line to enter was about 2 miles long and we figured we'd be there until midnight! We headed to Huntington instead to look at those lights and, while they pale in comparison to CTL, Jenna was very impressed.
Jenna in her Christmas PJ's ready to see the lights!
Wednesday night we have a Christmas Party at our friends house (they live near CTL) and we will be walking the Lane to look at lights with some friends. Jenna can't wait!
Friday, December 5, 2008
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.
So here are my Fabulous Addictions
1. I LOVE Chocolate and Peanut Butter together. I'll take it in ice cream, candy, however I can get it...can't get enough of it. I seriously think this baby just might resemble a reeses peanut butter cup.
2. I love to shop ....period. Love to shop for myself, love to shop for my family, love to shop for gifts for friends....you name it....I love it!
3. I'm a total night owl and SOOOOO not a morning person. If I had my way I would stay up till the weeeee hours of the night/morning and sleep in until noon ....everyday. Not really an option anymore but that's the ONE thing about my teenage/college years I really miss. Truly sleeping in on the weekends!!
4. I love the show "Two and a Half Men". I think Charlie Sheen is a jackass in real life...but I just love that show.
5. My husband and daughter. No matter how crazy they make me...or how frustrated and angry I get at them sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing about my life with them. Jim is the best dad and husband in the world (even though he often seems like a second child) and Jenna is the cutest, smartest, sweetest kid I could ever ask for. I'm a lucky girl!!
Ok.....Now it is YOUR turn!
Here's who I Nominated as a FABULOUS BLOG!
1. Kim - My sister-in-law and good friend. She gave me the worlds best niece who I absolutely adore and puts up with my wacky brother on a daily basis!!
2. Kristie - She's freakin hilarious!
3. Jenny - I've been addicted to her story ever since I first laid eyes on her beautiful first born, Allie. I was hooked to their blog and when Allie passed away my heart broke for their family. I love to read about her adorable little girl Maggie and the wonderful things happening in their lives now!
4. Mo - She's got the cutest personality and the most adorable little girls. I love reading about her creative projects and fun adventures with her family.
I think that's it...I don't have a #5. I would "tag" or nominate my husband....but you just can't be Fabulous when you haven't blogged in like 6 months. I tagged him weeks ago and....nothing. SLACKER!!
Thanks again for the "award" Rebekah!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Another shot of the crib with a sock monkey doll and a fun monkey toy (given to us by the Hopkins').
The wall above the changing table. Surfer/Beach themed pictures that match the bedding perfectly! (don't mind the ladder and camera battery charger in the bottom left corner)
Picture of the window with the red valance. Can kind of see the monkey finials in this picture.
Close up of the monkey finial...
Picture of a surfing monkey and the top of the dresser (there's another sock monkey!). Took me forever to find a small & simple red lampshade!!
Only 4 1/2 weeks left until the big day arrives! I'm excited and scared (of the surgery) all at the same time....but I just can't wait to meet this little guy!!