Friday, June 13, 2008

Back in Action

So...I've done it again. This time....big time. I haven't blogged in weeks and I feel slightly guilty. Not majorly....just slightly. I've had a long couple of weeks....working long hours during the week and then being just too darn lazy after work (and after dinnertime, bathtime, bedtime....etc) to feel like logging on and uploading pictures. But....I think this blog post will make up for the lost time!

We've been busy busy of course. Here are some recent pictures taken over the past few weeks showing what we've been up to. They are in random order.....enjoy!

Jenna took a week of swimming lessons and L-O-V-E-D it. We were back for another session of private lessons with Ann Buchanon again this year and Jenna did so so well. Ann was my swim instructor (and my brother's) when we were kids and she's great. She's been teaching for 50 years and hasn't lost her touch. She had Jenna swimming, jumping, picking up rings from the bottom of the pool.....and smiling the whole time. We'd sign up for another week....or 10 if it weren't so darn expensive!!




This next one is a video clip of Jenna jumping off the side and swimming to the steps. Ignore the talking in the background. I was in the house, watching from the window and another Mom (who's son's lessons were right before Jenna's) and I were talking.





Another great year with Ann!!


Jenna also had her final ballet class and in class recital. It was adorable! My camera battery died before they actually had their costumes on so I didn't get many pictures....but here are a few that I did manage to get.

Today, we actually went to the zoo with some friends! My friends Carrie, Catherine and Melissa and their kids Mattisen, Addison, Macie, Brayden, Delaney and Cole met us there and we had a great time feeding the giraffes, feeding and petting the stingrays and just running around having fun!



Left to right: Addison (almost 4), Mattisen (almost 5), Macie (3) and Jenna (almost 3)





No...this isn't the monkey exhibit! It's just the girls "hanging out"!!


Last but not least...some random fun shots from our own backyard and other fun places we like to hang out.
Jenna, signing "I Love You" in our backyard while eating some dinner.



Jenna's class caught some ladybugs and we brought ours home and let them go the next day. This one seemed to want to hang around a bit longer than the others. See him there on the white bar??


Jenna also finished up her Karate class. Here she is with her little friend Emma. They had a great time together although I think we'll hold off on signing up for another Karate class....at least for a few more years. It just wasn't their "thing".

And we spent some time hanging out with our friends Dave (Jenna's Godfather) and Rose at their house. Here's a picture of Jenna and Dave in the pool.....
and a silly picture of Jenna having fun...
And last, but certainly not least....a picture of Jenna and her 3rd? cousin Dana....meeting for the first time. Dana's grandpa and Jenna's grandpa (my dad) are first cousins. So how does that work cousin wise anyway???
That's it for now.....I promise to try to be better about blogging now!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute photos!! See you guys next week!

Zhohn said...

I'm glad you're back! Looks like you guys have been busy but having fun.

Have a great week!