Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a great Mother's Day this year...spent with both Jim's extended family and mine.

We started the day at Aunt Jane and Uncle Art's house. They are always so nice to open up their home for any and every special occasion. And they have a beautiful home and yard so it's so nice to spend time there!

I was so excited to get a picture (that I like) of the four of us on Mother's Day. We are even all smiling and facing the camera. Can't beat that!!

We got in the groove and started taking lots of family group photos. These are so special and will be even more special years from now!

Ryan, Jim, Grandma Elena and David

Four Generations of ladies in the family.....

L - R: Jenna, Elizabeth, Mary, Elaine, Grandma Elena, Jane and Marisa

Jenna, Elaine, Mary and Elena


Art, Jane, David and Marisa

Elizabeth and Blanca

Trying to get a good shot of the young ones.....Ryan wasn't all that interested...

....he's just not one to sit stilll very well at this age....

So I got the girls to pose for me! They are always willing!! ;)

Then....someone suggested they try some "poses"....Elizabeth and Marisa were naturals.....

.....looks like Jenna might need a little more work. ;)

Ryan was more interested in doing some exploring....

Jenna and Auntie Elaine


Ryan tickling the ivorys

All the kids trying out their piano skills.


Cousin Elizabeth, Ryan and me...


Pretty ladies....Marisa and Elizabeth....


Elizabeth's turn to play...


Blurry pic of my little stud muffin...


Later that day, we headed over to my parents house. Didn't get a chance to take as many pictures there....(we were all a little worn out) but I did manage to get a few cute ones!

Jenna and Mimi playing some sort of card game....

Cuties....

Ryan with Boppa.....so sweet.

Ryan posing in my parents backyard. He just plopped himself down in front of me and said "CHEESE!!" What a HAM!

Ryan and Kye Kye.....you can tell he was getting tired with that thumb in his mouth. Long day!

But...not too tired for some smiles when Mommy brought out the chick cake pops!


It was my first time making anything like this....they didn't turn out too bad although I don't know if I'll ever make them again....


Jenna and Ryan thought they were adorable though.....

.....and yummy too

so that made all the hard work worth it....

Just a cute picture of my grandparents. They are very special people.

Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I thought I had commented on this a long time ago...guess not...love this family picture of you guys! BUT slacker :) where are your posts??!?!? looking forward to seeing some of Jenna's b-day! :)