Monday, November 3, 2008

Flattery.....

It won't get you very far....but it is much appreciated!

We got Jenna to bed (and asleep) by 7:30 pm last night (thank you time change!!) and Jim and I were able to "enjoy" a movie (I say "enjoy" because the movie HE picked was "Don't Mess with the Zohan" and it was HORRIBLE) and I also was able to sort through some of Jenna's toys and my clothes for the yard sale this weekend.

Anyway...back to the flattery part. We got her to bed super early and she ended up waking up at 4 am this morning. I heard her little voice on the baby monitor (yes, we still use it....yes I know she's almost 3 1/2!!) saying "Mommy.....Mommy" in a really sweet way. I groaned and (looking angrily at my snoring and drooling husband) dragged my half asleep and very scary looking bedheaded self into her room and found her laying there...kinda confused....with that look that she'd like to get up but she also realizes (thankfully) that it is still very dark outside. I pull her covers up around her and try to settle her back into bed, giving her hugs and kisses and telling her to go back to sleep when she says, in the sweetest little voice I've ever heard...

"I like your shirt Mommy. You look pretty."

Awww.....couldn't you just melt?

I did. And I thanked her. Then I told her to go back to sleep.

And.....she did.

No comments: