Monday, February 25, 2008

Duck Rejection and other Fun at the Park

*Disclaimer - I am aware that my daughter looks like a ward of the state in many of these pictures. I promise she is usually well kept. She absolutely refused to let me fix her hair while she was playing at the park. And since I wanted to have a fun day and avoid a tantrum...I decided to just go with the flow*

We had some nice sunny weather last weekend so we decided to spend some time at the park. We packed up Jenna's bike and helmet and were on our way.

We biked.....




we climbed....


we played....


we ran around like lunatics.....


and we hung around....


And since we happened to have a lot of bread lying around that was just going to go bad in a few days anyway, we took it with us to feed the ducks.

So we set off for the water with our bread to shower the ducks with some wholesome goodness (English Muffins, Raisin Bread, and Double Fiber goodness to be exact).







The ducks, however, were not impressed.


Could it have been that ducks just weren't hungry? Or maybe they just couldn't swallow the large whole slices of bread Jenna was hurling at them??

Who knows......but being rejected by wildlife was just not something I was prepared for that day.

Normally these birds can't wait to run you down when you come anywhere near them with anything that resembles food. I typically find myself standing on a bench or the back of the truck holding my child in my arms as these blood thirsty scavengers nip at her like she's a hoagie sandwich or something.

But this time? Not so much. They scoffed at our raisin bread and laughed at our english muffins. The only thing they remotely liked, strangely enough, was the double fiber bread.

Guess we'll have the last laugh with that one...huh?

3 comments:

Casey Jo said...

Roflol...Ward of the state! you crack me up!

Rachel said...

You're too funny! My children always look unkept and ward of the state...as do I most days :)

Faithful Froggers said...

Even looking "unkept" she is still absolutely adorable! Looks like you all had a fun day.

Love & FROG,
Heather