Saturday, June 20, 2009

Storyland and Allison's Grad Party!!

Yesterday we met our friends Addison and Brayden (and their Mom Catherine) at Storyland. We haven't been there since Jenna was about 2 years old so she didn't remember it at all. We had a lot of fun, despite the sudden heatwave, although I really can't complain since Catherine is 8+ months pregnant.....I'm sure she was much more miserable than I!

I can remember going to Storyland when I was little. I even had my birthday party there when I was around 6 or 7 years old, in the castle. Not much has changed although they have made some improvements....it could still really use a little help.

Here are a couple of cute pictures I got (my camera wasn't really cooperating too well for some reason)...

Jenna coming out of the 3rd little pigs house (the one made of bricks)


Addie, Brayden and Jenna in the little chapel...

Sitting at a cute little mushroom table and chair set....

Sitting on Mother Goose's lap...

Both girls sitting on Mother Goose's lap....

and on a mushroom....

Jenna on the merry-go-round...

Jenna and Addie having their picnic lunch afterwards...


Speaking of miserable...as you can probably see in the pictures....Jenna was SO not her normal outgoing spunky self during this outing. She was dragging and tired for a lot of the day and it really surprised me. I kept her well hydrated and we left pretty early (we were all pretty miserable) and we all took a nice long nap when we got home. When she woke up....she seemed to be feeling a bit better but she was running a fever. I gave her some tylenol and she was quickly feeling much better. We were supposed to be going to Allison's graduation party that night (I babysat Allison and her sister Katie every day after school and all throughout college from the time Allison was 2 years old, and Katie wasn't even born yet). I REALLY wanted to make it to the party so, since Jenna seemed to be feeling fine, we went ahead and went. We figured we'd leave early if she seemed "off" at all.

We had nothing to worry about....she spotted the stage and gravitated toward it.

We couldn't keep her off the thing! (not sure what THIS move was exactly...and I don't think there was any music playing yet at this point!)


Then she met some new friends (why are my pictures so darn fuzzy???)

and the group dancing (and music) started....

I have NO clue who the kid in the glasses was....but his style was just cracking me up!

Daddy even joined in on the fun...

But was quickly left behind by his dancing partner.

I thought at her age...she was supposed to still think we were "cool"??

She could NOT get enough of the graduate, Allison, and was stuck to her hip for a good portion of the evening.

Ryan also got quite a bit of attention from the graduate....

...until Daddy had to explain to him that Allison was, indeed, just a little too old for him....

Family picture (well ...sort of....Ryan was behind us, asleep, in the stroller)

She sure wasn't ACTING sick!!

Me with Katie (left - 15) and Allison (right - 18).....I cannot BELIEVE how much these two have grown up!! I feel SOO OLD!!


When we got home, Jenna went right to bed and woke up a few hours later with a pretty hefty fever (around 103). After more tylenol and another bath she was feeling better and went back to sleep. She woke up around 7:30 am with a fever again and we had to cancel our plans to go up north ( a 3 hour drive) for a Father's Day BBQ with Scott, Kim and Madison. We were pretty bummed but ended up having an enjoyable and productive day at home.

We were even able to join Jim's dad and sister for a yummy dinner out.


Hopefully Jenna feels better tomorrow. If not....we'll be heading into the doctors office on Monday. She gave me some clues tonight that it might be a UTI (she hasn't had one since she was about 9 months old...and is actually on a prophelactic antibiotic to prevent them...but ya never know!). I just hope she is feeling better soon! We have a Father's Day celebration at Aunt Jane's house tomorrow and I hope we are able to make it!

No comments: